Monday, March 24, 2008

A personal update about my life

So what have I been doing lately? Well, I met a new friend in Xiamen and she introduced me to a bunch of her friends, including her best friend Alice. She is Chinese but currently lives in Singapore while coming to Xiamen for business about once a month. You should look at the cost of living and immigration requirements to live there to get a ballpark figure about the kind of money she has. Needless to say she is a very successful business woman. This weekend I saw her again and she introduced me to a bunch of her business partners. We're talking about filthy, disgustingly rich people. These business partners of hers just recently bought a three-story villa for their new business. They also asked her to pay them 1 million yuan to join as a partner of the company. Thats about oh $140,000. She told them she doesn't have that much money.

It's really amazing what you can get yourself into being a foreigner in Asia. As far as Alice and myself, I'm not sure how long our friendship will last. To be honest I'm not too fond of her personality, and shes constantly traveling. Most annoyingly I had to explain to her that I don't like being shown off like a prize trophy, I had enough of that in Korea. I also explained how poor I am and how careful I am about who I pick for my friends. So I have a feeling this won't last too long.

But, damn it, you only live ONCE. You can never rewind your life, and you'll never have another one so be damn sure to follow all your dreams before your time is up.

I'll keep you up to date....maybe

No comments: