Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My internet connection is back

There are sweeping changes taking place at my school. We have a new president, new buildings, lots of construction, and they just changed some settings on the network. In order to connect to the internet I have to install and run a program called H3C Client. It authenticates to the network using 802.1x protocol. It's a windows only program, and it sucks. They used to have a generic login password for every computer, now they have a unique login and password for every computer.

Besides the fact I have to use windows on my brand new MacBook Pro, the internet is incredibly slow, and they are blocking almost all the ports. I cannot download torrents or anything else. It's like I'm living at my university again, except it's in a developing country.

My rhythm of updating my blog has been broken, but I will try to get back into the habit.

No comments: