Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Earthquake

The thing that bothers me the most about this earthquake is the number of schools that collapsed. I couldn't imagine something like that happening to my students. I hope this will force stricter building code enforcement.

I hinted that there were problems at my school in an earlier post. I guess I will let the cat out of the bag. According to my students and an administrator, the last president of my school was accepting bribes from a construction company. In turn, they were using sub-standard building material. When the government found out they arrested the president and condemned the building. I wonder how common this is?

On an unrelated note, I am moderating comments so if your comment doesn't appear do not worry. It will appear eventually.

No comments: