Friday, July 4, 2008

Mnemosyne

I'm just starting to appreciate the power of the program Mnemosyne. First of all, I can spend just a little bit of time learning a single character because I know once I put it in Mnemosyne I'm going to see it again tomorrow, and probably the next day, and on and on until it finally sticks in my mind. It takes time to learn this way, but the effort required is much less than writing it out a billion times. The other cool thing is that it knows which characters I have trouble with, and it'll show me those characters more often. The characters I know very well, it will show me less frequently. I don't need to worry about keeping track of thousands of flash cards since it's all computerized. All I need to do is use the program every day and I'm all set. I'm up to 140 characters.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm partial towards ProVoc. It's helped my Chinese immensely!

http://www.arizona-software.ch/provoc/

Anonymous said...

how to do it?