Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Study method

I've tweaked my study method slightly. I've started listening to Chinesepod podcasts continuously over and over and over and over allllll day long. I've broken them up into groups of 5 episodes, each between 8 to 12 minutes long. Each day I listen to another group of 5 episodes and absorb what I can. It's kind of amazing how well it works, sometimes I don't even pay any attention to it but it's playing in the background and I still pick up things. I even listen to it when I sleep.

The other thing I have to start doing is adding complete words and sentences to Mnemosyne. Ideally, I should just power through all 6000 individual characters but I need to learn actual language for my survival. So, I'm jumping the gun a bit by starting this phase while only knowing 220 characters.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your studies ;-)

Have a look at ZDT, its another flash card learner but its specifically designed for learning Chinese characters.

Anonymous said...

I hope you'll post your Memosyne words and sentences to the site; I've got some in he works, and the HSK files ha have been posted recently are a great improvement on the bare character cards.